Saturday, August 20, 2011

How do you feel about Grandparent's spanking your kids?

Grandparents should have respect for the desires of the parents. I mean, most have the maturity and common sense to realize that every parent has different techniques, and that their children won't parent their own kids exactly as they parented them. I think spanking is a very personal choice a lot of people are not comfortable with, and absolutely no one should just assume they have the right to smack a child who is in their care. They need to receive permission from the parent.

1 comment:

  1. I trust my parents to use their own judgement. My parents never spanked me and I really don't spank my kids, maybe once or twice but not much. If my parents spanked my kids it would have to be pretty bad for them to do that so I'd support them. I would be mad at my children for behaving bad enough for my parents to feel they had to spank.
    Now if someone else spanked my kids it would depend on who it was and why.

    ReplyDelete